History of Giving
Both Andrey and Julia stand firm on their belief in generosity and human kindness, wherever they may be in the world. What started as an interest in helping one child with severe eye sight problems in Cyprus grew into an established charity fund. The journey for the founders began 10 years ago in Kazan, Russia by giving back to the local community and helping children have a better life with equal access to better opportunities.
- Andrey Dashin, co-founder of one of the world’s leading forex companies, Alpari, begins to offer financial support to disabled children, orphans and children from disadvantaged backgrounds. Andrey strongly believes that “Only we, as adults, can help children in need to reach their full potential so that they may lead meaningful lives”.
- In December 2005 Andrey Dashin creates the Alpari Charitable Fund which soon becomes a leading charity in Kazan, helping thousands of children every year. “Charity is an important part of my life” he says. “I believe that anyone who wants to help other people can do so.”
- Andrey Dashin receives the award for the support of young professionals at the VIII All-Russian Festival of Advertising and PR.
- The same year, the Fund helps 100 local schools create their institutional website in order to help in the advancement of education. The Fund receives a diploma from the Education Department of Kazan for its invaluable support.
- In August the Fund launches the “Back to School” project whereby stationery and books are donated to children. This project turns into an annual event and continues to this day.
- In November, Andrey Dashin’s Charitable Fund is awarded the “Philanthropist of the Year” award in the category “Charity Foundations” by the President of the Tatarstan Republic, for its ongoing support and participation in charitable activities in the Republic of Tatarstan.
- In February, the Fund publishes it first book, “From the soul, for the soul”, dedicated to the charitable activities and work in the Republic of Tatarstan. The work is a collaborative effort between the Fund and the National Council for Charitable Activities in Tatarstan.
- In November, Andrey launches the Fund’s own magazine “Open Heart” – a platform for the exchange of information between all those involved in charity work in Russia and abroad. Its main goals are to raise awareness about ongoing local charitable needs.
- In February the Fund receives the “Philanthropist of the Year” award for the second year in a row, in the category “Charity Foundations”, under the auspices of the First President of Tatarstan, Mintimer Shaimiev.
- In cooperation with the Republican Council for Charitable Activities in Tatarstan, Andrey releases a new book called “Embraced with care and love – Family values: support experience and creativity”, reflecting on 2008 as the Year of Family in Tatarstan and looking back at the efforts made by local charities.
- Another book is released, published under the auspices of the President and edited by Andrey Dashin. The book is called “Pride of an Athletic Empire” and it places emphasis on sports and the importance of a healthy lifestyle.
- In July, Andrey Dashin is named a Knight of the Order of Beneficence – “I am truly beholden to all of the people involved with the Alpari Charitable Fund and to all those who have helped us do some good in the world. It has been a collaborative effort, so this award really belongs to all of us.”
- In November, the Kazan All Saints Church opens its doors for the first time after the communist rule, following complete restoration with the initiative and close support of Andrey Dashin. The project, worth 30 million rubles, is sanctified later that year in December.
- In February, Andrey Dashin receives the “Philanthropist of the Year” along with the “Socially Responsible Media Award” for the Fund’s magazine “Open Heart”.
- In July, the Alpari Fund launches a social club called “Hope” aimed at children with special needs, where parents of disabled children receive necessary training to provide better care for their children.
- The Fund also builds a number of playgrounds for children shelters.
A New Beginning
Andrey and Julia move to Cyprus with their children, setting up a new home, establishing a new business and continuing their vision of charity work overseas.
- In September, Andrey and his team take part in “Let’s Do It Cyprus”, a global campaign made local, that promotes environmental consciousness which gathers a phenomenal 9,500 volunteers across the island.
- Andrey Dashin establishes a new forex broker, ForexTime Ltd, headquartered in Limassol, Cyprus, which – in addition to its innovative products and services – also upholds a positive and active attitude towards giving back to the local community.
- Andrey shares his passion for boxing by supporting a local boxing club, now the FXTM Aravis Boxing Team. The club serves as an independent body offering new horizons to local youth, by participating in annual international contests and encouraging healthy competition among young athletes.
- ForexTime becomes the official sponsor of the Pan-Cypriot biking chain “Next Bike”, further promoting a healthy lifestyle.
- Andrey collaborates with the Limassol Municipality in bringing a huge cultural event to Cyprus – “The Red Giselle” ballet performance, all the way from the cultural capital of Russia, St. Petersburg – awakening a passion for performing arts locally.
Building the Andrey & Julia Dashin’s Foundation
Establishing a charity foundation together, has been a lifelong dream for Andrey and Julia, and like many other places in the world, Cyprus has its fair share of social and environmental issues which require attention. The Andrey & Julia Dashin’s Foundation is created with great passion and excitement to reach out to those in need and to help strengthen the society as a whole.
- An article about a blind toddler catches Andrey’s eye in local newspaper ‘Cyprus Mail’. The fact that lack of funds may leave an innocent child blind for life is heartbreaking. The Dashins then personally donate 5,000 euro to help the family.
- The Andrey & Julia Dashin’s Foundation is officially formed.
- The Foundation becomes one of the leading sponsors of the 8th Cyprus-Russia Charity Gala that helps raise money for the Radiomarathon Foundation.
- The Foundation runs its first campaign called ‘’kindness in a box’’ that aims to provide real help to people applying for basic financial assistance to the Foundation.
- During Christmas, the Foundation launches ‘’Letters to Santa’’ and ‘’Santa Clause is Coming to Town’’ campaigns, donating gifts to children while also sponsoring house visits by professional Santa Clauses to its winners.
- The Foundation donates to the Cyprus Anti-Cancer Society in support of their new annual program – “24 Hour on Call Service” for cancer patients.
- In June, the Andrey & Julia Dashin’s Foundation receives a gratitude certificate from the Pancyprian Volunteerism Coordinative Council (ΠΣΣΕ) for its contribution and support offered to various volunteering organizations across Cyprus.
- The Dashins generously donates to the Independent Social Support Body (ISSB), chaired by the First Lady of Cyprus Mrs Andri Anastasiades to support university students who face financial difficulties.
- The Foundation hosts its First Volunteer Appreciation Awards to congratulate its volunteers for their commitment and dedication.
- The Andrey and Julia Dashin’s Foundation sponsors Christmas ‘’Utrennik’’ organized By Vestnik Kipra for Russian speaking children. It also runs its ‘’Letters to Santa’’ and ‘’Santa Clause is coming to town’’ campaigns – receiving a record of almost 1,000 letters from children.
- The Foundation celebrates its 2 year anniversary with a big cultural evening called ‘’Starlight Music Night’’ hosted under the auspices of the First Lady of Cyprus.
- In July, the Foundation organizes the first Foundation Film Festival in Limassol, under the auspices of the First Lady.
- The Dashin couple show once again their support to the Independent Social Support Body (ISSB) which is chaired by the First Lady of Cyprus.